[Photo caption: this morning, AusCham’s accountant drew names from a “hat” to determine the order that the names of candidates will appear on the ballot in HCMC.]
Nominations for the AusCham Board 2016 closed at 10am this morning.
In HCMC, nine nominations were received for eight positions.
In Hanoi, four nominations were received for the four positions which makes redundant the need to hold an election in that city.
Below is the list of nominees (note: order of nominees below is determined by a random draw of names from a hat. The draw was conducted by AusCham’s Executive Director and accountant. This method of ordering was approved by the Board at its meeting on 9 June 2015) are :
HCMC – Election required (9 candidates for 8 positions)
- Mr Ray Gordon (Head, Centre of Commerce and Management, RMIT University)
- Mr Minh Duong (Partner, Asia Counsel Vietnam)
- Mr Greg Ohan (2015/16 Director of AusCham; Senior Director, CBRE Vietnam)
- Ms Chau Ta (2015/16 Director of AusCham; Legal Counsel Transactions, SC Capital)
- Mr Jesse O’Brien (Channel Sales Director (Asia), DiCentral)
- Ms Tran Thi Thuy Ha (2015/16 Treasurer & Director of AusCham; Head of Alternative Distribution, ANZ Vietnam)
- Mr Jason Turnbull (Managing Director, Inspire Advisory Group)
- Mr Brian O’Reilly (2015/16 President & Director of AusCham; Managing Director, SEA Management Consulting)
- Mr Matthew Lourey (Partner, Domicile Corporate Services)
Hanoi – No election required (4 candidates for 4 positions)
- Mr Giles Cooper (2015/16 Vice President & Director of AusCham; Partner, Duane Morris)
- Mr Phillip Dowler (2015/16 Director of AusCham; Head of Campus, RMIT University)
- Mr Adam McDonald (2015/16 Director of AusCham; General Manager, InterContinental Hanoi Westlake
- Mr David Carter (2015/16 Director of AusCham; Chief Executive Manager, AON Vietnam)
AusCham would also like to thank the following four directors who have decided that they will not contest the next election.
- Shane Dillon (2015/16 Director of AusCham; Pacific Cross International)
- Jamie Rossall ((2015/16 Secretary & Director of AusCham; Country Manager, Crown Worldwide)
- Rod Quinton ((2015/16 Director of AusCham; Director, Saigon Sound System
- David Robinson (2015/16 Director of AusCham; MBA Director & Higher Degree Research Coordinator, RMIT University)