AusCham is delighted to confirm that Norfolk Group is our new Gold Sponsor for 2018/19. The announcement came last night [1 March 2018] at Sundowners which was held at Norfolk Mansion in D1, HCMC where Australian beef, lamb, barramundi, lamingtons and (for the Kiwis…) pavlovas were served in abundance!
General Manager of Norfolk Mansion & Norfolk Hotel, Carl Sladen, made the point that Norfolk Mansion opened for business back in 1998, the same year that AusCham became a legally registered entity in Vietnam. In fact, the very first meetings of AusCham were held in Norfolk Mansion. Additionally, Norfolk Hotel, opened its doors in 1991, with then Minister of Trade, Dr. Neal Blewett officiating.
Today, the meeting rooms and restaurant retain an Australian flavour – Manly, Mosman, and Corso Steakhouse & Bar – where last night’s Sundowners’ beef pies and lamb loin with mint sauce were prepared by Chef Vinh (schooled at TAFE, Perth) and his team.
The Norfolk Group boasts 27 years of excellence in real estate investment, development and management. Its property interests include:
- Norfolk Hotel – established in 1991, this boutique 4 star hotel, located in the heart of the city’s, District 1, offers 104 rooms and suites with renowned personalised delivery and locally famous banh cuon at breakfast.
- Norfolk Mansion – was the first foreign investment property to be recognized by the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism for having the most luxurious serviced apartments in HCMC and recently reconfirmed it’s 5 star status.
- Six Senses Con Dao – is a luxurious five star resort in a national and marine park off the southern coast of Vietnam which joined the Norfolk family in 2016.
- PDD Building opened in 1995 and was one of the first international office buildings in HCMC’s District 1.
- Shang Palace Restaurant in Norfolk Mansion offers authentic Cantonese cuisine, including fabulous dim sum and a selection of “live” to order seafood.
AusCham’s Executive Director, Phil Johns thanked Norfolk Group for their Gold Sponsorship which places the Group at the top of AusCham’s Corporate Sponsors’ grid.
Phil also noted that AusCham’s Annual General Meeting in HCMC on 27 March will be held in the Manly Room of the Norfolk Hotel (in Hanoi, the AGM will be held at the Pan Pacific Hotel).
- Caption for banner photo: General Manager of Norfolk Mansion and Norfolk Hotel, Carl Sladen, cuts the cake with AusCham Director, Cecilia Trandang and AusCham’s National Marketing Manager, Ms Nhien Ton.
- For photos of last night’s announcement, including the cake cutting, click here.
[2 March 2018]
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: