Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [3 November 2016]
- Sundowners will be held next week (Thurs 10 Nov) with a special guest appearance from the new Australian Ambassador, Craig Chittick.
- Historic MOU signed between AusCham and Department of Foreign Affairs for Provinces on Monday night. The MOU opens up AusCham’s members to all 63 provinces increasing options with suppliers, land and decision makers. Click here. In the process, it will strengthen our relations with state and regional business chambers back in Australia.
- More “members only” events: last Monday’s MOU signing / roundtable /dinner; last Friday’s fireside chat in HCMC. Today, a number of AusCham’s corporate sponsors and a few lucky members have been able to enjoy complimentary tickets to The Economist’s Vietnam Summit (valued at $1,800 each).
- Is it possible to transform a car park at Tan Son Nhat airport in HCMC? See Group GSA Architects’ amazing job by clicking here. (Group GSA is an AusCham Member which designed AusCham’s HCMC office.)
- Next week, from 10-11 November, Australian Business Asia will host a conference in Kuala Lumpur titled, “Trading Up: Accessing Opportunities for Australian Business in Asia”. Click here.
- Thank you to advertisers below, Banyan Tree Lang Co and Royal Brunei Airlines.
- Thank you to new members: braaap Motorcycles, Jones Lang LaSalle Vietnam Company Limited, Tropical Landscaping International Vietnam Co.,Ltd and Nguyen Tuyet Xuan. Also renewing members: Australian Trade and Investment Commission, Caravelle Saigon, Detmold Packaging Vietnam, Eastin Grand Hotel Saigon, Jardine Matheson Limited, New World Saigon Hotel, Savills Vietnam Ltd, Spinifex International Business Services, St John Ambulance Western Australia Ltd, WT Partnership (Vietnam) Limited Liability Company, Lai Hoang Huy, Peter Robson and Tran Trong Khanh.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE