Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [11 November 2016]
- Welcome to Tori Dixon-Whittle who is AusCham’s new Hanoi-based Director! Tori replaces Adam McDonald who will return to Australia. On behalf of all members, the Board thanks Adam for his five years of dedicated service to AusCham.
- Thank you sincerely to RMIT University which has just announced that it will renew its Titanium Sponsorship of AusCham for the next two years; namely, 2017 & 2018. RMIT Masters programs information nights in Hanoi (17 Nov) and HCMC (22 Nov). Register by clicking here.
- Yesterday in Kuala Lumpur, Australian Business Asia is holding a conference. AusCham Vietnam is being represented by our President, Ms Chau Ta. Coming soon: a consolidated calendar of business events across Asia that are being hosted by the Australian business chambers.
- Limited number of tickets for AusCham Members wishing to attend VBF annual forum in Hanoi on 2 December. VND750,000. Click here.
- Congratulations to David Morgan (AusCham Member) who has just been elected President of the Western Australian Vietnam Business Council.
- During the week, a member had an enquiry regarding Nam Dinh Province. Following last week’s signing of the Memorandum of Understanding, AusCham is now following up with the Department of Foreign Affairs for Provinces. Options.
- Last Wednesday in HCMC, the Australian Ambassador and Consul General launched “Taste of Australia 2017” which will be held next April. Across Vietnam.
- Thank you to member Banyan Tree Lang Co for its message below as well as Royal Brunei Airlines and Vietnam Airlines.
- Thank you to our renewing business members (see below).
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: