Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [15 Oct 2015]
Dear Members and Friends
- It is all about the Saigon Melbourne Cup Carnival Dinner on Saturday 24 October at the moment . Today, Vietnam Airlines’ latest issue of its in flight magazine, Fashion, came out. It included a double page spread on our event. Behind every seat, on every Vietnam Airlines plane, for the next month, is an article about the Saigon Melbourne Cup Carnival Dinner. Yesterday, the AusCham network met with veteran race caller Greg Miles at Caulfield Racecourse in Melbourne to record a special video message for us prior to his 35th Melbourne Cup call! On Monday, we received the official Melbourne Cup pins from the Victorian Racing Club. Tables of 10 are available for VND29.5 million (or VND3.2 million for those buying tickets separately). Fashion, races, winning great prizes from generous sponsors, raising money for Water Safety Vietnam and offering a uniquely Australian experience. It’s also an unbelievably good networking opportunity. For more information, click here. Tickets – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- AusCham will host a seminar on the legal issues around IPOs in Vietnam: on 5 November in HCMC.
- AusCham will host a seminar for Directors and aspiring directors on 27 November looking at opportunities – as well as responsibilities and liabilities in HCMC. Click here.
- Good luck to the Vietnam Swans who will make their 9th appearance at the Annual Asian Championships in Bangkok this coming weekend.
- Some good tennis being played at the Vietnam Open in HCMC by the Australians. Click here. Don’t forget the Welcome Back Aussie Alumni on 31 January – the same day as the Men’s Final of the Australian Open…
- Welcome to new SME, IFIG Australia and two alumni, Tran Duy Binh and Tran Thi Huyen Trang.
- To assist with budgeting, next week we will send a note to those members who have memberships due for renewal at the end of the year.
- Thank you to Banyan Tree Lang Co for its special message below.
- Be part of something special. Book a table at the Saigon Melbourne Cup Carnival Dinner and lets really build an iconic Australian event in Vietnam.
Below is an edited version of this week’s email newsletter.
To subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter, please email email@example.com
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: