Weekly Bullet Points from the Executive Director, Phil Johns [22 Oct 2015]
Dear Members and Friends
- Huge 2nd Annual Saigon Melbourne Cup Carnival Dinner last weekend. All up (on current exchange rates) $5,020 was raised for Water Safety Vietnam. Together with the proceeds of the AusCham Grand Final Scramble of $7,004, that’s a total of $12,024. Click here. Thanks to all guests for supporting our event and the super generous sponsors including Tabcorp & Vietnam Racing; Lindeman’s Wines & Red Apron Cellars; Coopers & Annam Group; Royal Brunei Airlines, Angsana Lang Co, Banyan Tree Lang Co and many others. Click here. For photos, click here.
- The actual Melbourne Cup will be run next Tuesday. AusCham Member in Hanoi, InterContinental Hanoi Westlake will hold an event. In HCMC, AusCham Member Game On will screen the Cup. Also, check for other options and celebrate the Race that Stops a Nation.
- Sundowners next week in both cities.
- In HCMC, Thursday next week we will host a breakfast seminar on the legal issues around IPOs in Vietnam.
- Special messages from Dinh Vu Industrial Zone (Ms Hang and I visited DVIZ two months ago) which will be holding information sessions in Hanoi (10 Nov) and Hai Phong (13 Nov). With the near completion of the Hanoi-Haiphong expressway, the seaport and airport, it’s worth a fresh look. Also messages from Angsana Lang Co which will host the Laguna Golf Classic Tournament 13-14 Nov and Hung Phuc Happy Residence in HCMC. See below.
- Welcome to new NGO Member St John Ambulance Western Australia, Alumnus Linh Le and renewing corporate, San Ha Food.
- Check the local guides for your favourite venue to watch the Rugby World Cup Final on Sunday: Australia Vs New Zealand. Stronger as one.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: