128/2013/TT-BTC (Circular 128) stipulating a number of new regulations
on customs procedures; customs control and supervision; import and
export duty; duty administration on import and export goods as follows:
1. Advance rulings:
– Circular 128 provides detailed provisions for applying advance rulings in respect of classification, valuation and origin.
2. Timeline for duty payment:
For goods imported under export production procedure, in order to enjoy
import duty deferral for 275 days, duty payers need to meet the
- To own a manufacturing plant that is appropriate for the imported materials.
perform export/import activities for at least 2 years from the declared
date of the imported materials with good compliance record both from a
customs and accounting perspective.
- If enterprises cannot meet
the above requirements, they can still enjoy duty deferral for 275 days
if they submit a bank guarantee to the Customs authorities.
– No late payment penalty in case companies pay additional duties associated with temporary import price.