Beef Central, 15 October, 2015. Australia on track for another record live export year, by James Nason.
Key points from the original article regarding the live trade with Vietnam are reproduced below.
- Last year, Australia exported 1.3 million head of cattle, beating the previous record set in 2009 of nearly 1 million head. Much of the increased demand is from Vietnam.
- Official data up to end of August says that already, 100,000 extra cattle had been shipped compared with last year.
- Exports to Vietnam have grown 10 times in the last three years from 3,000 head pre 2012 to more than 300,000 head this year.
- To satisfy this demand, in just three years, Australia’s stock levels have fallen from its biggest ever in 30 years to its smallest herd in more than 20 years.
To view the original and unedited article, click onto Australia on track for another record live export year, by James Nason.
- The Vietnam Beef and Dairy Forum will be held in Hanoi from 9-10 November 2015. Click here for details.
- Australian Beef (from Queensland) will be served at the 2nd Annual Saigon Melbourne Cup Carnival Dinner to be held on 24 October 2015 in HCMC.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: