Contrary to some investors’ opinion, real estate assets are not gold bars, but living assets whose value can be enhanced.
Many markets in the Asia Pacific region are perceived to be close to the top of the cycle, making preservation and enhancement of value more important than ever. Intelligent property management can add value by making a building more attractive to tenants, more cost-efficient and more marketable.
What to look for:
- Choose talent: professional and experienced property management staff who provide quality service can enhance the marketability of a building.
- Don’t sit back: continuous improvement to the building facilities can enhance asset value and rental value.
- Asset enhancement and value-added services: use IT systems and other improvements to increase the competitiveness of the building.
- Financial management: sound financial management can ensure sustainability and profitability.
- Be political: maintaining connections with policymakers and community involvement can be valuable.
Ms Tran Minh Ai, Director Property management Savills HCMC commented: “The value of good property management is now being realised and appreciated in residential and commercial projects in Vietnam. Property management, whether in-house or outsourced to an independent service provider, is becoming essential to the success of a project. The quality of human resources is particularly emphasised and specified in Circular 02/2016/TT-BXD, where, as regulated by the Ministry of Construction, personnel directly involved in property management must complete a mandatory training course and be certified for their competencies.”
For more information, click HERE.