Technology for Development (T4D) Officer (Temporary Appointment), NO-A Level, Post # 00115477, Ha Noi, Viet Nam (for Vietnamese nationals).
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Location: Viet Nam
Categories: Information Communication Technology, NO-1
Deadline: 16 Feb 2021
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, learning and innovation.
This position sits in the UNICEF Viet Nam Country Office based in Ha Noi. The position is supervised by the Deputy Representative (Programme) under the country programme structure in Viet Nam. Viet Nam’s rapid development over the past years has seen it become more digitally connected, with a high penetration of mobile phones, internet access, and social media usage. No more so than among young people, the majority of whom now get their information on-line, and communicate and engage with friends through social media platforms. In such a highly connected society, leveraging technology is becoming an ever more important strategy for achieving sustainable development targets and outcomes.
The context of Viet Nam demands that the country office be strategic and smart with improved use of innovative technology solutions to realise the rights of the most vulnerable children. The UNICEF Viet Nam Country Programme seeks to develop and expand flagship technology-enabled initiatives, including bringing new global public goods and innovative approaches to Viet Nam in order to reach children, adolescents and women. The regional Technology for Development (T4D) team will support the Viet Nam office to deploy technologies and innovative approaches in support of improved results for children.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of the job:
Under the overall guidance of the Deputy Representative, the T4D Officer works closely with sectoral programme Section Chiefs and provides professional, technical, operational and administrative support in the identification, assessment, and integration of ICT into UNICEF programming. The T4D Officer is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the mainstreaming effort, and for strengthening internal capacity to lead and support Technology for Development (T4D) related projects, identifying and engaging with key partners, identifying reusable and replicable technical building blocks and maximizing potential for T4D scale-up and roll-out.
The T4D Officer is directly supervised by the Deputy Representative but works closely with Programme and ICT staff and in close liaison with the East Asia Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO) T4D, the central ICT Division and UNICEF Innovation where applicable.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
- Digital Development and Technology Innovation Strategy. Support implementation of the technology and digital innovation strategy for the country office; bring visibility to T4D gaps, opportunities and scale-up strategy in support of CO priorities.
- Convene and guide compliance with T4D best practices. Participate in Country Office T4D Governance Committee and support compliance of T4D initiatives with the Principles for Digital Development (http://digitalprinciples.org/) and UNICEF T4D best practices.
- Support and assist design of T4D interventions. Provide support and technical assistance to the Country Office in the identification, selection, concept design, deployment and sustainability of T4D interventions to address bottlenecks towards the achievement of programme results.
- Identify and assess new T4D innovations. Assist programme sections to identify and assess new T4D initiatives, or new phases of on-going initiatives, with immediate potential to improve UNICEF programming.
- Engage and maintain partnerships and networks. Support the development of partnerships and networks with local solution providers, innovators, NGOs, the private sector, local media and academia to build and provide a space to nurture and test new and innovative technologies and build local capacity.
- Proposal and partnership development. Help identify opportunities for resource mobilisation and new partnerships and assist proposal and partnership development efforts.
- Data analysis for evidence generation. Build capacity of programme staff and partners in analyzing the large amounts of data generated through T4D initiatives including the use of data visualization techniques and analytics tools.
- Co-create appropriate solutions. Work directly with programme teams and partners to adapt technology and innovative solutions appropriate to the country programme.
- Build awareness around Innovation & Frontier Technology. Assist developing staff capabilities in appropriate use of frontier technology and innovations such as UAVs, wearables, IoTs, mobile money, blockchain etc.
Click HERE see full Job Description
Contract duration: 364 days with possible extension for the second year.
Follow this LINK to find out more about the job.