A. TOP 50 INTRODUCTION
Following the success of Top50 in 2015, “The 50 best-performing companies in Vietnam 2016” organized by Nhip Cau Dau Tu is scheduled to be launched in June 2016.
Nhip Cau Dau Tu annual ranking, in partnership with Thien Viet Securities (TVS), seeks to select the 50 best performers in the Vietnam’s stock market.
Top 50’s Council of Advisors includes high-profile financial analysts (Vietnam Capital Partners Ltd., McKinsey & Company Vietnam).
- To select and rankthe listed companies with remarkable achievements in their scopes of business through key financial fundamental indicators.
- To encourage companies with great corporate governance and outstanding strategies to strive for sustainable growth.
- To identify the business leaders who demonstrate long-term vision and creative thinking.
- To lay thefoundation for future studies conducted by Nhip Cau Dau Tu.
C. THE SURVEY METHODOLOGY
Survey methodology for ranking includes 2 basic steps:
STEP 1: CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
We collected data from the auditedfinancial statements of the companies which are listed on HoSE and HNX. The chosen ones are required to satisfy the following conditions:
- The listed company has market capitalization of 500 billion VND or more (as of April 1st, 2016).
- Revenue in the three years preceding the survey year (2013, 2014, 2015) is VND 200 billion or more.
- Net profit of 3 years preceding the survey year (2013, 2014, 2015)reachesVND 20 billion or more.
Based on the above-mentioned criteria, 150 companies are qualified for further evaluation.
STEP 2: RANKING COMPANIES
Selected companies are ranked based on sales growth, ROE, stock return in 3 years (2013-2015).
- 150 companies are ranked by sector (ICB standards). Each company receives a separate score for each metric based on where it ranks within its sector, then all scores are added up for 3 metrics
- (weighting 35% for sales growth, 35% for ROE, 30% for stock return and compile a composite score for each company based on their rankings for sales growth, ROE, stock return).
- Select the best companies from each sector.
- Exclude companies from the list due to negative sale growth and stock return.
- Rank companies by their highest composite score and select Top 50.
Stock return:Total return to investors includes both price appreciation and dividend yield to an investor in the company’s stock. The figures are based on the assumption that the owner sold the stocks at the end of 2015 after holding them for 3 years.It’s calculated based on buying and selling at closing price, including reinvestment of cash dividend on ex-dividend date.
D. TOP50’S COUNCIL OF ADVISORs
Nhip Cau Dau Tu Magazine
Nhip Cau Dau Tu provides Vietnamese business leaders and entrepreneurs with the in-depth knowledge to make better-informed decisions.
In addition, Nhip Cau Dau Tu updates the latest local and global business news, financial projections, legal and governmental implementation.
Thien Viet Securities (Tvs)
TVS is an independent and full-service investment bank that is operating under legal regulations. We conform strictly to the international standard and are dedicated to serving the clients’ diverse needs.
Our financial services include investment banking (IB), fund management, brokerage (for both individuals and institutional clients), capital investment and analysis.
E. THE ANNOUNCEMENT CEREMONY – PANEL DISCUSSION
Time: 6pm – 9pm, Thursday, June 16, 2016
Venue:GEM Center,8 Nguyen Binh Khiem Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
Part 1: Announcing the 50 top-performing companies in Vietnam 2016 (Top50)
Part 2: Panel discussion
Part 3:Gala dinner
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: