The Vietnam Beef and Dairy Forum, titled Vietnam – Developing Modern and Sustainable Beef & Dairy Supply Chains, will be held in Hanoi on 9 and 10 November 2015. The Forum is being organised by ANZ Vietnam (AusCham’s 2015 Platinum Sponsor), Meat & Livestock Australia and BIDV.
The Forum covers a wide range of topics impacting beef and dairy exports and domestic industries in this rapidly emerging market (see further below for detailed agenda).
Site visits have been organised as optional extras.
On the night of Monday 9 November, attendees will have a rare opportunity to see a Vietnamese abattoir in operation, as the meat is slaughtered and prepared for distribution.
This visit will provide a fascinating opportunity for attendees to visually understand some limitations of the current processing of meat in Vietnam.
Following this, on Tuesday, 10 November, attendees will have the opportunity to visit a wet market in Hanoi. With 80 per cent of meat being sold in wet markets, this visit will enable foreigners to better understand how meat is purchased and consumed by the majority of locals.
Attendees will also visit relevant facilities such as a feedlot, a dairy and a supermarket selling Australian meat.
With Vietnam now becoming one of the largest regional markets for Australian agri exports, this will provide an important opportunity to see first-hand these vital parts for the agri supply chain.
For those attending, organisers are able to provide advice on any aspect of the travel to Hanoi, including visas, hotels or any other potential activities.
For further information
- Download the Beef Roundtable Agenda 9 Nov 2015
- Download LiveLink-28-May-2015 (Live export statistics by Meat & Livestock Australia and Livecorp, May 2015.
- Download the Vietnam Beef and Dairy Industry Report_BIDV Research Center 14 July 2015
The Detailed Agenda
Vietnam – Developing Modern and Sustainable Beef & Dairy Supply Chains
Jointly organised by BIDV, MLA & ANZ Vietnam.
- Date: Monday 9th November 2015
- Time: 8am – 4pm
- Venue: Melia Hanoi Hotel, 44B Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Hanoi – Vietnam
In an industry first, this event will provide Australia, NZ and Vietnamese companies, industry bodies and government officials with an opportunity to share their industry knowledge and industry trends.
Importantly, the event will provide a unique setting for industry peers to network and engage in dialogue to seek opportunities in this exciting market.
- 8:00 – 8:30. Registration
- 8:30 – 9:00. Welcome Remarks by:
- Introduction: BIDV Chairman
- Welcome: Vietnam Govt representative
- Welcome: ANZ Vietnam CEO, Mr Dennis Hussey
- 9:00 – 9:45. Session One: Government supported policy on Beef and Dairy Industry
- 09:45 – 10:35. Session Two: Vietnamese Beef – Toward 2030
10:35 – 11:00. Coffee Break
- 11:00 – 12:00. Session Three: Vietnamese Beef – A Vibrant Value Chain
12:00 – 13:30. Networking Lunch (Buffet)
- 13:30 – 14:30. Session Four: Vietnamese Dairy Industry – Enormous Opportunities
- 14:30 – 15:30. Session Five: BIDV and ANZ’s financing solution for Vietnamese Beef and Dairy Industry
- 15:30. Closing Remarks
- 22:00 – 1:00am. Abattoir tour (*Optional and subject to registration.)
Tuesday, 10th November 2015: Wet Market tour, Field trip (Supermarket, Feedlot, Dairy factory) (*Optional and subject to registration.)
R.S.V.P: Please confirm your attendance before 15th October 2015, please email Michael Patching from the MLA..
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: