Below, Ms Anita Dodds, the Australian Government’s ARLEMP Program Manager thanks participants, including AusCham’s President, Ms Chau Ta, for joining a roundtable discussion regarding women in leadership in HCMC yesterday (29 January 2018).
On behalf of the Australian Government, the Australian Federal Police, the Vietnam Ministry of Public Security, RMIT University and all ARLEMP 45 participants, please accept our thanks for your valued contribution to today’s roundtable discussion about women in leadership.
We sincerely appreciated your willingness to speak candidly about your leadership experiences. It’s clear that your messages were inspirational to the 22 women police participants involved in ARLEMP 45. I’m pleased to let you know that the participants’ evaluation of the session was highly positive, as seen in the below responses:
- It was such a great and rare opportunity to have access to such inspirational women. I will take away so many key messages to my workplace to share with my female staff.
- I’m very proud of the women in today’s panel. They have so many different backgrounds to share with us. They gave a lot of motivation for me to grow myself. I plan to share their recommendations with my staff.
- It is a very good experience that all the leading women from different sectors such commercial, government, NGO and diplomats can come together to share their experience.
- Lots of rich experiences from both LEAs, NGOs and private sector. Interesting and engaging.
- So very proud to listen to many women leaders sharing their work experience and giving their suggestions. I will take this experience to use my job and share to my friends. It can help improve my work. And I gained many lessons on how to manage the balance of life (between job and family life).
- Very good and useful for our group to communicate with different women leadership including commercial leadership. I gained valuable information from their different backgrounds.
- The roundtable discussion is a totally different method of learning from me. I will try to use it in some of my engagement.
- Many experiences, very good for us and makes us want to be a better leader.
- We didn’t get any opportunity to talk to women leaders like this in my country. Next I will make a similar plan to introduce the same panel discussion when I go home to encourage women in my department.
- Lot of tips for a successful private and professional life. Everyone on the panel was willing to extend the hand of friendship to us – women supporting women!
- Yes, I really enjoyed this session. Thanks for sharing a lot of experience by introducing leaders who are experts in their field. Such a good useful context we can take care experiences and practice for our own country.
- Their information is very useful. All inspired me so much both my work and life.
- The session on Women in Leadership is in my heart. Today many women opened themselves and shared their experience for success. It is very useful for us.
We appreciate that you’re all busy, and so the gift of your time and experience sharing was especially valued by the group. Please know that your contribution to supporting the development of women police leaders in Asia is most appreciated.
OTHER NEWS ON THE AUSCHAM WEBSITE
In the toolbar of this website, click on “NEWS” for the drop down menu which includes: