The Australian Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (AusCham) is an independent, not for profit, membership-based NGO (non government organisation). It does not receive any funding from the Australian Government or any of its agencies. Its revenue is generated through memberships, sponsorships, events and advertising.
AusCham represents and promotes the interests of Australian businesses operating in Vietnam. We are proud to have a pivotal function in providing invaluable business and cultural support to its Sponsors' and Members’ activities in Vietnam and the ASEAN region. AusCham provides all its members with a voice to express their views on the business environment in Vietnam, directly within the business community and via our liaison with the Vietnamese Government. We actively co-ordinate a regular program of high profile business seminars, networking and social functions as well as a number of charity events.
AusCham is a licensed foreign business association (the Decree governing foreign business associations states that our permitted scope of activities is limited solely to commercial and investment matters) and, effective from the 2014 Annual General Meeting (26 March 2014), now operates on a truly national basis with the establishment of a National Board that is supported by permanent staff located in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) and Hanoi. AusCham is also working with Australian businesses and Associations in Da Nang, Hoi An and Ba Ria Vung Tau who have a vested interest in the promotion of increased bilateral trade and investment.
Download the AusCham Brochure HERE for English or HERE for Vietnamese.
AusCham Board of Directors comprises 12 Voting Members and three non-Voting ex-Officio Members as follows:
- Eight voting members from HCMC
- Four voting members from Hanoi
- Three non voting ex-Officio Members from the Australian Embassy, Australian Consulate and Austrade.
There are four elected positions on the AusCham Board of Directors: President, Vice President (May not reside in the same city as the President), Secretary and Treasurer. These positions are filled by a popular vote of the voting members of the AusCham Board of Directors.
Membership of AusCham is open to Australian citizens, individuals working in Australian businesses , those working on Australian projects in Vietnam, or those with organisations that have a link to Australia.
Our broad-ranging Corporate Membership encompasses a cross-section of companies, from the largest of international firms to small and medium-scale enterprises across all industries. AusCham members are market leaders in Vietnam in fields such as Education, Agriculture, Banking, Construction, Manufacturing, Human Resources, Legal & Accounting Services and Telecommunications.
The 2022 AusCham Charter was approved by vote at AusCham Annual Extraordinary General Meeting of the Hanoi and HCMC Chapters on 18 January 2022. The following changes have been made to the AusCham Charter dated 24 March 2015:
- Two-year terms for Directors;
- 6 Directors up for election at any one time – meaning that in next year’s election 6 Directors will be elected for 1 year and 6 for 2 years – triggering an alternate election cycle moving forward (note office bearers will continue to be elected every year);
- Term limits of 3 consecutive terms for any Director;
- Removal of provision that Chamber President must have served first as a Director before being elected to this role;
- Clearly defined roles of the Board of Directors and the Executive Director;
- Adding conflict of interest provisions;
- Tidying up conflicting language in the charter.
Download the AusCham 2022 Charter HERE for English or HERE for Vietnamese.